Discuss What is causing water to come from overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley - I now understand that what you are saying is it is illegal for me to do it. Useful info for me as I have just returned from living abroad for over 30 years and was not aware of this regulation. Thanks

Riley - Sorry; missed off the bit about the pic. It would only be a pick of a brick wall with a bit of vertical 15mm copper pipe venting into the open air outside the house.

Ok but ignorance is no excuse my friend. It’s been illegal for some years for unqualified or non competent persons to work on gas appliances. I would recommend a gas engineer visit to check that the seals have been replaced correctly to prevent risk to you and your family. Whilst there they may be able to advise on your overflow problem.

Riley - Sorry; missed off the bit about the pic. It would only be a pick of a brick wall with a bit of vertical 15mm copper pipe venting into the open air outside the house.
Is the boiler on the other side of the wall?? Are you often topping up pressure on your system? Or is it a vented system?

Riley - The boiler is, in fact, on the first floor landing with the hot water cylinder and associated pipework etc. Before the boiler expansion vessel was changed, the system lost pressure over a couple of weeks and needed topping up to prevent the boiler going into fault mode. Since the expansion vessel was replaced, the system now maintains pressure and no longer needs topping up.

Can we get a pic of your cylinder please

Riley - I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it if I can find out how I do that on this forum. In the meantime, if it helps it is a Kingspan Range Tribune HE stainless cylinder. The secondary flow and return are not used and are capped off. The central heating system was designed by Nu- Heat who are bound to be known to you I suspect.

Unvented cylinder. Based on description. Sorry @SimonG was right. Doh. :D

I think you have an underlying problem here which again sadly you are not qualified to work on. You require an engineer with G3 ticket

Riley - Thanks for everything. Not easy here on the Isle of Wight. Only been here a short while. Emailed the gas engineer whose sticker was on the boiler as the company who serviced it in the past together with one other I got from the internet. That was over two weeks ago and I am still awaiting a response! Maybe a member who has a G3 ticket an who is on the island will see this post; here's hoping!

Take a look on the gas safe site. Many engineers on. There hold G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is causing water to come from overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock