Discuss what happens when you just fga it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

this was a ideal,this happens when it does not get stripped down and the ionization probes checked ,the insulation panel falls on to the burner and kills the boiler[video=youtube;z6Gk-Mk6J_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Gk-Mk6J_A&feature=related[/video]

With the Ideal Isars a FGA is optional.

The MI's state that a full strip down is required on a service.

So anyone just analysing these is doing it wrong anyway.

I do a boiler service plan (not breakdown cover) for 5.50 per month, full strip down, parts and gaskets at extra cost. I explain to my customer that many break down plans include an annual safety check but not a full strip down. British Gas just fga it, their philosophy is they'll service it when it breaks down as it isn't worth spending extra time on it when they're receiving the same payment off the customer. Also it is more likely to go knackered as it's neglected so they can condemn it quicker and sell them a new one.

Prevention is better than cure so when did a fga suffice? The answer is when British Gas started cutting corners on their servicing and people thought it was acceptable.

Many manufacturers state that a full strip down isnt needed every year on their latest boilers, fair enough, I do these every 4 or 5 years or when the tests state otherwise.

Not good. It's never a good idea to just check POC's and leave. This is why.

Did you film this GM?

It's just lazyness. I'll have to upload some horrors I visited last week to our gallery of crap. Just need to find the lead to the phone!!

One of them I AR'd the customer wouldn't let me switch off as his kids needed hot water. They slept in the same room as the boiler. :mad2:

I do a boiler service plan (not breakdown cover) for 5.50 per month, full strip down, parts and gaskets at extra cost. I explain to my customer that many break down plans include an annual safety check but not a full strip down. British Gas just fga it, their philosophy is they'll service it when it breaks down as it isn't worth spending extra time on it when they're receiving the same payment off the customer. Also it is more likely to go knackered as it's neglected so they can condemn it quicker and sell them a new one.

Prevention is better than cure so when did a fga suffice? The answer is when British Gas started cutting corners on their servicing and people thought it was acceptable.

Many manufacturers state that a full strip down isnt needed every year on their latest boilers, fair enough, I do these every 4 or 5 years or when the tests state otherwise.

Thats compete nonsense mate. I contract to the gas board and I do these boilers all the time. I've got ionisation probes, burner gaskets and insulation panels on the van. I have to strip these completely down on a service for BG. So whoever told you that is wrong. They are probably one of the easiest boilers to strip down and put back together so time is not an issue

Last edited:
I was speaking to an engineer today who said the company he contracts to expect 18 services a day !!

He said that includes bb's and most the engineers that work on that company do a tt and offski !!

Thats compete nonsense mate. I contract to the gas board and I do these boilers all the time. I've got ionisation probes, burner gaskets and insulation panels on the van. I have to strip these completely down on a service for BG. So whoever told you that is wrong. They are probably one of the easiest boilers to strip down and put back together so time is not an issue

When I contracted to them it was the same full strip down on them. That is how I heard of this fault never seen 1 though.

i had exactly the same as that last year!! i think i posted some pics about it on here somewhere.....terrible boiler and an alarming common fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what happens when you just fga it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
The compact, easy-to-use testo 340 available from CORGI direct enables you to carry out emission measurements on industrial combustion and power...
Replies
Views
I have two Vitodens 200-W system boilers connected via a low loss header. They are about 7 years old and have run perfectly since they were first...
Replies
Views
H
Hello, First of all thank you to anyone who looks and reply's to my questions. I live in a terraced 2 bed house with a down stairs toilet and 2...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have posted a similar question 1 week ago in a different thread, but I cannot continue the discussion there as it's already closed. I...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock