Discuss Ideal Icos HE12 - weird banging/clicking noise - 2nd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daniloviz

Hi all,
I have posted a similar question 1 week ago in a different thread, but I cannot continue the discussion there as it's already closed.

I have an Ideal Icos HE12 boiler that is operating correctly, but in the last few weeks has been doing some weird banging/clicking noise and I'm a bit worried. When the problem started to be quite relevant, I have switched off the boiler. Then I have listened to the advice given in the other post and a gsr came to check the boiler last Friday. When he came, we couldn't reproduce the issue, but I have showed him the same video I posted. [DLMURL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzNQeLa1dLI[/DLMURL]

The gsr has opened and serviced the boiler and he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He also might have referred to something possibly wrong with a water pump near the hot water tank, but the noise doesn't seem to be coming from there.

Couple of days later, the noise is back and now it seems it might happen at any time. Also, it seems the boiler flame goes on randomly on it's own, even outside the schedule I have set for heating system or the hot water which is a bit surprising.

Any clue what to do next?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a decent boiler. These are one of the worst boilers ever made. If it's been running for over five years, you've had your money's worth.

There is also a reason the thread was closed.

You need a gsr who knows what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE12 - weird banging/clicking noise - 2nd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock