Search the forum,

Discuss The compact, easy-to-use testo 340 available from CORGI direct in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

The compact, easy-to-use testo 340 available from CORGI direct enables you to carry out emission measurements on industrial combustion and power generation plants both accurately and flexibly

Capture.JPG

Emission checks in industry: Professional technology meets practical design. The testo 340 combustion analyser is an easy-to-use combustion gas analyser designed for commercial and industrial applications that can be fitted with up to four different gas sensors. This 'basic combustion' kit includes sensors for O2, CO, and NO.

Other features include :
  • Extended measuring range for use in environments with high gas concentrations
  • Precalibrated gas sensors for quick and easy sensor change
  • Integrated pressure difference and air flow measurements for mass flow calculations

(*note - kit does not include sampling probe - to be selected dependant on application)

Delivery Scope

testo 340 flue gas analyser, calibration certificate, shoulder strap, O2, CO, NO sensors fitted, AC power supply.

Analysis of the gas atmosphere (thermal processes)
Flue gas analysis is used for thermal manufacturing processes, from ongoing emission control, via setting and optimisation of combustion systems, through to process monitoring. Flue gas analysis instruments serve to optimise operations and save fuel. At the same time, flue gas measurement enables checking and monitoring of flue gas emission limit values laid down by the authorities, along with functional testing of permanently installed emission instruments. Flue gas analysis instruments are increasingly used for monitoring process and product quality.

Advantages of the testo 340

Ideal for measurements at high concentrations

• When recording extremely high concentrations, the measuring range extension is automatically activated. This enables continuation of the measurement. The gas sensor is not subjected to any higher stress than it is at low gas concentrations. This ensures the sensor has the longest possible service life.
Service measurement on industrial engines

Flue gas analysis instruments are one of the items of equipment that are used on a daily basis by service engineers to achieve optimum tuning of engines. Flue gas measurement is used on industrial engines when they are commissioned, at regular maintenance intervals or for troubleshooting when they are running in an unstable way. The background to flue gas measurement is tuning the engine to the optimum operating parameters while complying with the limit value regulations in force. Maintenance work that is carried out regularly makes an important contribution to avoiding downtimes over the long term, to ensuring the quality of the system and thus a high level of efficiency and to having a significant influence on emission levels.

Separate NO and NO2 measurement

• The real NOx value is measured with the NO and NO2 sensor combination. In gas engines, the NO2 component of the NOx value can fluctuate greatly, so the separate measurement of each of the gases is necessary for correct NOx values.

Measurements even at high CO concentrations

• At unexpectedly high concentrations (up to 50,000 ppm), the automatic dilution of the sensor with fresh air allows measurements even when the engine conditions are not defined, without negatively affecting the service life of the sensor.

Special flue gas probes for industrial engines as an accessory

• These probes are highly heat-resistant and specially designed to compensate for different pressure conditions, e. g. for measurements before and after the catalytic converter.

Engine-specific parameters

• The most important parameters for industrial engines such as O2, CO, NO, NO2, NOx and Lambda can be displayed simultaneously.

testo 340
Service measurement on industrial burners
The testo 340 flue gas analysis instrument offers service engineers a vast range of technical functions. In addition to compliance with environmental regulations, it can also be used to check correct functioning and to optimise burner efficiency. Flue gas measurement is used on industrial burners for safe and efficient commissioning, at regular maintenance intervals or for troubleshooting when they are running in an unstable way.

Time saving through helpful instrument pre-settings

• Typical fuels, a sensible sequence of flue gas parameters in the display and useful instrument settings are preset for each application. Tips on the display take the user through the measurement (no prior knowledge specific to the instrument needed). The testo 340 is ready for operation within just a few minutes.

Unrestricted measuring at high concentrations

• When commissioning burners or carrying out measurements on unfamiliar systems, very high concentrations can occur unexpectedly. The measuring range extension is automatically activated in such cases.

Always ready for use – even in tough day-to-day work

• The robust housing protects the measuring instrument from knocks.

Reply to The compact, easy-to-use testo 340 available from CORGI direct in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Testo flue gas analysers cover basic domestic boiler testing, all the way through to the needs of commercial boiler engineers. These multi-functional devices allow heating engineers to test gas pressures, flow and return temperatures VIEW HERE -...
Replies
Views
Hi . Just had my Kane 455 back after 5th year service. Friday used it to check a repaired old oil heatslave combi. Repair did not alter combustion settings. I had serviced the boiler in April and expected similar combustion results. Although the Co was 6ppm in April it was about 41ppm. All other...
Replies
Views
I have my initial gas safe inspection coming up after successfully completing my ACS a few weeks ago - and, it's fair to say i'm slightly nervous. Not particularly because I think i'm not capable of doing the various process' you have to follow, but doing them in the right order, whilst under...
Replies
Views
B
One question we usually get asked is “What analyser should I get?” It’s purely down to the individual. What are you planning to use it on? Oil? Gas? Cookers? Do you want to print off your results immediately or store them to print later? Would you be looking to use it to do tightness testing...
Replies
Views
Chris Kafetzis
C
M
sorry about the wait for my epic story, didnt realise you get timed out in the writing something section. wrote this earlier so hopefully copy and paste. Be nice and gentle with me boys, this is how i do it, and how i interprete my results. ime a commercial guy, and things are a little...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock