Currently reading:
what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldplumber

started off ok, boiler service on a one year old potterton combi, all ok until burner pressure check, 10 mb not 12.1 (as show on benchmark), noticed 15mm gas feed not 22mm so upped the burner pressure to 11.97 max available ,so within limits but could be better if right size pipe installed, went to turn off boiler and found a jb not a fused spur, traced wire down stairs to kitchen cupboard and found a fused spur with 13 amp fuse in it!!. issued a waring notice (ncs, as boiler found to be able to work ok as it is) customer not happy with original installer whos now moved out of town. Still going back to service their fire next week:)

next call, customer asked why i was there, they were going to call me when they were ready for me despite arranging to meet at 1430!! great start. old worcester 24i combi, knackered, customer did some repairs hinmself recently!!!!!!!!!!! now it wont work at max and waters cold. traced it back to pcb but other issues there but cant prove as boiler wont fire at max pressure. worcester tech line was USELESS quote "cannt offer an opinion if im not there mate", gas feed should be 22 not 15 thats why your 10 yr old wont work, funny its worked ok up till now so its aother problem, well thats my opinion. Told custard it needs replacing dont waste money on it, got informed that their brother in laws a good plumber and he,d fix it if he wast busy!! Billed them for an hour (been there 2) got told theyd post a cheque and i was useless, walked away before i dropped him, having had him looking over my shoulder for 2 hours offering useful advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:wont be going back, despite him saying i could change the pcb, but he wouldnt pay if there were other faults:mad::mad:

next stop pcb swap on old baxi 105e, having tried everything else, baxi tech line (almost as useful as worcester) and mates opinion, popped in a 2nd hand one from an old boiler to make sure, still had faults aaagh. Start from scratch, check temp probes resistance both ok, along with overheat stat so decided to try an old stat i van and out went one fault light, so swapped both temp sensors and out went the other fault light. checked both temp sensors separately and turns out both had failed but showed 11 ohm res at room temp?????????. put everything back together and alls working, danced a jig , had a coffee, custards v happy, asked me back to service said boiler. and handed over payment and 3 bottles of beer.:D:D:D

Overall, testing day, one rse and 2 angels, tommorrow a nice boiler and heating install, I hope, nice profit margin on this one:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gobbledigook!!

But then I only stick to oil.

Interesting post though and hope tomorrow goes well

:)

Funny that.... after the other day I'm toying with knocking oil on the head......

Had a custard complaining his brand new boiler was smoking like a chimney.

Well, it would if you run red diesel through a condensing boiler set up for kerosene. As luck would have it I had a Warmflow MI in the van and was able to show him the section on what fuels could be used (kerosene only!).

then had a delightful day scraping thick black cr*p out of said boiler and smoke tubes while listening to him moaning about how he's going to have to get a new tank and just use the red on his tractor.

Farmers. Don't you love 'em!

THEN when I gets home my wife has a go at me for smelling like a burned out old tire!

(slightly off topic for the GSR Forum I know but while we're all having a rant!)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's hardly any gas where I live (more sheep than people around here).

take it was a 30 kw performa then 12.1 max burner presure its against mi to have 15mm to boiler and you cant understand why someone would do this to a 30kw boiler your second call with the guy giving advice i am blunt with this type if they dont take the hint and bugger off i do with the 105 just keep ntc in stock there only £3 from abkot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock