Search the forum,

Discuss WC Pan, Idea Standard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Derrick229

I have returned from Egypt and I just wondered if anyone else had come across the the washdown facilty they have there (its basicly a bum wash) similar to a bidet, but this isnt a spray

Its a fitting that fits at the back of the pan and sends a jet of water, at the back is a valve which turns the water on and off

The pan it was fitted to was an ideal standard, I have tried to contact them about it, but they have no idea what the heck it is, its on a close coupled suite

I dont know if its an 'add on' or if its just availible out there (I tried to find a plumbers merchants, no chance, I dont think they have them out there)

I have seen the hose type that is used in Asia, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, but thats not really what I'm after (I think the kids would sod about with it)

Has anyone else seen them or have any idea what I'm on about ?

I took a photo, but cant post it

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, WHERE can I get one and the fittings ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen the type you are on about but i'm sure they would contravine the water regulations so wouldn't be able to be fitted here.

I have seen the type you are on about but i'm sure they would contravine the water regulations so wouldn't be able to be fitted here.

I cant see that, especially if fitted with a back check valve (and how many houses actually have one fitted ? )

really need a picture to be honest

Can you not post it on website like Flickr?

Do you mean a bidet with a Douche?

I'll try and describe it

From the feed to the cistern, a flexible pipe is tee'd in, which leads to a on/off valve, this in turn goes to another flexible pipe, which goes to the back of the pan (I assume a hole has been cut into the pan)
It looks like a dic, with a hole in the center for the water to come out, as a jet

If I can post a picture, somewhere I will

I cant see that, especially if fitted with a back check valve (and how many houses actually have one fitted ? )

Double check valves would be nowhere near enough protection. It is potentially worse risk than an ascending spray bidet. Check out what needs to be done to fit one of those.

Please, I still need a picture

Think of a pan with a water outlet 3" below the rim. This is connected to a valve behind the pan which can be reached while sitting on it.

Doubt very much if they would be allowed for obvious reasons..

Double check valves would be nowhere near enough protection. It is potentially worse risk than an ascending spray bidet. Check out what needs to be done to fit one of those.

If a back check is fitted, and the water is supplied from a tank above, 7 feet, I cant see any problem, never known water to go uphill (and if the jet is above any water line)

But finding one of them is difficult

WC Spray (2).jpgWC Spray.jpgWC Spray (1).jpg

I have found the pictures now, I dont know if they will show up in here, but I'll give it a try

Here goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WC Pan, Idea Standard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock