Discuss Water Squeek in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wrinkley

every time I turn on a tap anywhere in the house it makes a loud squeek,
even does it when washing machine is switched on. We are on a meter and when you turn on the outside tap which is closest to th meter you can here the
squeek indoors. The sound is loudest in the utility room at the back of the house, furthest from the supply coming into the house. any idears as to the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any appliance i.e toilet, washing machine or taps connected to the mains supply could be the problem even if the noise comes from upstairs when you turn the tap on downstairs i would check all ballcocks in toilets and make sure you dont have any dripping taps that could be a deffective washer.:)

Any old stopcocks under the floor that you know of?

Had one once that squeaked like hell anytime water was used.

I have turned off the water supply to the two toilets, have no other
stopcocks, noise still exists.:mad:

I have found two other stopcocks one either side of the water meter.
One is my side and the other one is the water company side, which could
be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the system to make the noise and feel each of the stopcocks to see if you can feel a vibration.

Did that no vibration, noise is only when tap is turned on quickly, no noise
when water is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Squeek in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock