Search the forum,

Discuss Water softener waste pipe discharge in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Samwise

Can the discharge and overflow pipes from a water softener go to surface water drainage (soakaway in my case) instead of foul?

I'm first of all trying to find out if they are guidelines or in Building Regs, alternatively, I can probably run some calculations to compare how much regen water will go into the soakaway vs the total amount of rainwater received in the soakaway, to see what the percentage is.

Regeneration water is brine so should not be a concern if it goes into a soakaway. It will be diluted with rainwater over a period of time.

There should be no water from your overflow (outlet should be visible) unless there is a malfuntion with your softener.

Your softener manufacturer will have stats as to how much water/brine is used during the regeneration process.

Perhaps someone will come along and let us know if the regs say anything different.

Reply to Water softener waste pipe discharge in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently doing the pre-planning for my next DIY project fitting a shower tray and enclosure from scratch. I'm confident of being able to do the job but not being a plumber not sure the best way to go about it so would appreciate any advice. The current upstairs room has a black waste...
Replies
Views
For over a week the kitchen sink is leaking water from what I think is called tundish ( I thought is was called overflow but little google search maybe pointed me to the right name) my guess is the pipe is slightly blocked because this only happens when there is a huge amount of water coming...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink appears to be consistently dry. The problem I have is that there appears to be a leak where the waste pipe out from the bottle trap meets the wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock