Search the forum,

Discuss Bath and shower waste into same pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the bath waste join into the shower waste from above (e.g. using a swept 90deg joint)?

My first thought was fine, crack on, then I was worried about water from a deep bath being emptied into the waste and as the water level was higher than the shower trap, it all emptyin out into the shower tray.

Is it OK to join into the existing Shower waste pipe or should I run a second waste out through the wall?

Thanks.

I always prefer separate wastes where possible.

If the shower waste has correct fall, combining them should be an issue. However, I’d want to join them and run the rest of the line to the stack in 2 inch. Use a wye rather than a tee to connect them.

Also, there could be the risk of letting a full bath go and it pulling water from the shower trap. That depends on trap seal depth, pipe size and pipe distance between the two.

Safest option is a separate line.

Reply to Bath and shower waste into same pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can recommend? Maybe with some appropriate tape. The waste pipe is in the wall but was trimmed at some point (unnecessarily) to only 10mm extruding from...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
I have moved our washing machine into the garage but there isn’t a drain for the waste pipe. The attached image is of the waste pipe with the condensate pipe from the boiler, can I use a tee join and connect the washing machine pipe? The pipe leads outside and is saddled to the main waste pipe.
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock