Discuss Water in Oil Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it won't wreck your pump as long as you don't leave it sat full of water after use.
Didnt know that. I have an electric pump which I have tried to keep pumping clean oil & hasn't had much use, but once it didn't start until a few taps. I have thought a drum of red diesel would be good to use the pump on, after it has been used draining a tank.

Many thanks, wish me luck.

I have just done a similar job today. I couldn't start it syphoning as little in tank so too high a lift to start it & too risky, so I just filled the hose (with 5ft copper with a bend on end) & let it flow. Was no problem. Had to flush oil pipe, oil burner & renew burner oil pump, nozzle, oil hose, plus new filter at tank.

Last edited:
I find that the usual source of water ingress is from the filling point - over the years with the fuel companies constantly screwing and unscrewing their hoses on it, it tends to work loose allowing rainwater to get around the seal. I re-do them with silicone sealant.
I find this a lot, a real pain. The washer around the fill point perishes and falls apart leaving a lovely 4mm gap under the filler point, rain pours through and collects in the bottom of the tank. As WHPES says, silicon the bugger. I check it on each service I attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water in Oil Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank. I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock