Discuss water hammer when kitchen sink cold tap opened ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazmacker

hiya lads can anyone shed any light on this , when kitchen sink tap is opened there is an almighty water hammer shudder through the pipework which travels all the way to the stop tap in the bedroom , its a second floor flat and besides muffling the pipes is there anything i can try to stop this , i shut the mains stop tap down a bit but its still the same , would it help to change the washers in the sink taps and try that , previous tenant didnt seem to have a problem ?? any help or info appreciated regards gaz

hiya, would you fit this on the cold water supply directly after the main ?

A mini arrestor near the kitchen tap pipework would probably sort it, but if this is a new problem, I'd be checking the tap innards first as servicing this 'could' fix it, maybe not, but it could and would be cheaper than fitting an arrestor.

Has anything been done to cause the noise?

Do you have any ball valves in the system?

Is it the when you open the hot or cold supply? If cold try tap washer. If hot fed from a hot water cylinder, in turn fed from a cold water storage cistern. Try replacing the diaphragm washer out of the ball valve. Or re-washering it if its not the diaphragm type. They say the cause of water hammer is unclipped pipework, but youd of been getting the problem all the time. In my experience a lot of water hammer has been caused by a rubber washer that has slightly perished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water hammer when kitchen sink cold tap opened ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock