Search the forum,

Discuss warning to pushfit lovers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

got called out to a leaky dishwasher yesturday, so off I went to a recently converted hotel which is now flats. Been before to other apartments, look ok when you first see them, you know all led light in kick panels of kitchen, fake wooden floors, downlighters and all that tat the London 2nd home buyer wants. So no leaks from dishwasher hoses but floor under cupboards all wet and mildewy, checked hall cupboard, damp skirting boards, and so to the bathroom. All large marble effect tiles, cheap bath trying to look expensive (straight out of homebase sale) and off with the panel. Black mildew down the wall at back of bath, no leaks on waste or pipework. However pipework made up of speedfit, hep20, cu tube and various makes of plastic pipe. Notice one of the speedfit isolating valves to bath weeping slightly on cu pipe, so probably find the o ring has been nicked. But as it is butted down to the floor I for one isnt going to try replacing it on a saturday, but this isnt the cause of the damage, a quick screwdriver into the wall behind the bath revealed lots of wet insulation. So informed the cleaner in charge bath out, investigate behind wall to stop the main leak and maybe rip out wall if damage to bad and retile, however cant do that for 3 weeks as its all booked out, so the tenants below will have to suffer water leaks for a while yet, but they too are only holiday folk, so there may be some more work for someone down there.

My whole point being that all this pf crap is proving to be a good little earner for me now all the bodger builder has sold his appartment conversions, much as I hate this sort of cock up its quite profitable, all though Id have rather had the chance to do it properly in the first place. Being that the owner is a London laywyer I can see some writs flying around, probably wont come to much but they know the builders name and address. Me I am happy to charge them close to London prices to make good and they seem happy to pay for now. So all you bodger builders keep it up I love going in behind you to make good.

Mixing fittings/pipe is a no no as I understand it.

I've never had a PP fitting or pipe fail and we've installed poo loads of it!

got to admit this isnt a quality install, right hash where you cant see things.

i have started fitting it recently if its the best solution, but i insist that any joints are all made in an inspection hatch either a section of removable floor or behind a wall panel hatch or knockout.
times i have been to a leaking joint under the toilet or bath on a new build because it has not been pushed fully home is a joke.lol£

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to warning to pushfit lovers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue...
Replies
Views
Hi please can anyone help had this bathroom reiffted as you can see it was knock through my shower is now were my old toliet door and window all...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock