Search the forum,

Discuss Walk in shower - pump leaves 1cm water visible in drain recess in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rknox007

After showering in our new walk in shower, the pump that takes the water away leaves a centimeter of water visible inside the shower tray drain. (Please see picture below)
attachment.php

Is this normal? We are worried that since water is permanently lying in the drain recess that it will start to become unhygenic due to slime etc starting to grow.

After switching off the shower, the pump to take the water away stays on for 20 seconds, then after a minute the pump kicks in for another 8 seconds. But we still always have water left in the drain recess.

Can anyone tell us if it is normal for 1cm of water to be left in the drain recess (see picture), or is it a problem that we should get the contractors that recently fitted the walk in shower to fix?

Thankyou for your help, Rosina.

Attachments

• drain3.jpg
    drain3.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 60
Well if pump unit faulty ,maybe would empty shower tray and then if non return valve faulty ,tray could refill, however, this, I think by what you are saying is not happening, maybe waste pipework could be incorrectly run
I am not sure but the chrome waste fitting does not look the right one for the shower tray, would have thought it should fill the complete recess area, maybe a special waste fitting required for that tray, hard to tell by picture, is waste outlet fitting, recessed in visible tray recess or just fitted on top
Either way all the visible water should be drained from tray ,to be installed correctly, what make of tray is it?
imho

Last edited by a moderator:
No this is normall, its to stop the pump running dry, looks like some sort of akw shower tray wich looks like it has the correct cover over plug and sounds like you have a digital pump or ' digi pump '
also i imagine that as its a pump shower waste its only a shallow one, so you wouldnt have a trap seal, so this a
Upward Discharge

upward-discharge-for-disabled-applications.jpg

Upward discharge (factory fitted)

Can be specified for Braddan and Multi-Spec trays for unbreachable floors where a standard pump waste is not suitable.

• Opens for easy cleaning and rodding
• Nothing below tray level
• 15mm JG Speedfit outlet

Yes double d it is an akw shower tray and akw digipump 4. Thankyou for the reassurance double d that everything is okay, I believe it is an upwards discharge too from seeing where the pump was positioned.

Thankyou for both your replies double d and puddle, much appreciated. Rosina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Walk in shower - pump leaves 1cm water visible in drain recess in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock