Search the forum,

Discuss Vented CH system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi, recently moved house and it has an open vented system with f/e tank in loft. Had an issue with the f/e tank overflowing with hot water and cold spots on rads. Drained system down and added sentinel X400, overflow seems to have stopped and radiators are becoming a bit better than they where.

When system is on it sounds as if there is water running into cylinder in cupboard, the water is not coming from the f/e tank which is full during running but not overflowing. When central heating is shut down then the cylinder fills as normal from the f/e tank and seems as if it does for a good few mins. To me it seems as if cylinder when running is at a low level and there is a return of hot water trickling back into it?

I don't have much experience with this system so any help would be appreciated. My next step was to drain flush and then remove the worst affected rads and flush with a hose.

Thanks in advanced.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vented CH system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’ve noticed my ballcock valve is always running in the loft on the small f and e tank but when heating is on its fine, also no water coming out of the overflow, any ideas.?
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the pipes. Altered the pipes to the new rad. Then removed the bungs. Gone to bleed the radiator it filled slightly now no air is coming out. I've...
Replies
Views
I have flushed a CH system removed each Rad and removed any residue of black sludge filled the system up and treated with inhibitor. However after 2 days the water in the Overhead tank is gone red. The Ground floor rads are piping hot and the upstairs are Luke warm bleed the rads still no joy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock