Discuss Vented CH system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi, recently moved house and it has an open vented system with f/e tank in loft. Had an issue with the f/e tank overflowing with hot water and cold spots on rads. Drained system down and added sentinel X400, overflow seems to have stopped and radiators are becoming a bit better than they where.

When system is on it sounds as if there is water running into cylinder in cupboard, the water is not coming from the f/e tank which is full during running but not overflowing. When central heating is shut down then the cylinder fills as normal from the f/e tank and seems as if it does for a good few mins. To me it seems as if cylinder when running is at a low level and there is a return of hot water trickling back into it?

I don't have much experience with this system so any help would be appreciated. My next step was to drain flush and then remove the worst affected rads and flush with a hose.

Thanks in advanced.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vented CH system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock