Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotech 24 F22 error message , low pressure? no pressure gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rathercold

Hi guys, dumb question but i woke up freezing and me boiler is showing an F22 message and pressure 0.4 flashing on the digital display. I have obviously searched online for answers and most tell you to turn off the boiler then turn two grey handles to fill up the pressure again using an analogue pressure bar on the front as reference.

two problems, i have no analogue pressure bar, how can i tell what pressure i am filling to if boiler is off?? am i being utterly stupid, should the boiler be on whilst i am doing this?

second problem i have no grey knobs, i assume i just turn the screws at the top under the boiler at the grey braided hose if there is one, do i need to do it in any order left/right or does it not matter?

finally once this is done will i have to bleed my radiators?

thanks sorry for dumb questions there seems to be a lot of info online but nothing relevant to my specific boiler and the manual is crap. Last time i did this with my old boiler i ended up turning all the screws and it went crazy and started leaking water like crazy hence new boiler :-(

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum, as most of the guys are out working right now expect any reply to be later, in the meantime are you able to take photos then look at the bit about posting photos on the forum as a picture always helps them to explain it all to you.

Dear rathercold

its quite possible that you have an Ecotec pro which dosent have a built in filling loop (hence not able to locate the grey taps as mentioned) as for the pressure gauge it's located on the front at the bottom LHS, unless you've got the second generation ecotec in which case it's located elsewhere, therefore system pressure is confirmed via the 4 button display on the front........ But as previously said a picture would help

Leave the power to the boiler but turn the heating off and dont open the hot tap
does your boiler look like one of these?
The top one has the built in filling loop with the grey knobs, the bottom one will have an external filling loop
16647528028.jpg

large-new-vaillant-ecotec-pro.JPG

thanks guys its the one at the bottom, ok i will turn everything off and try to pressurise , i am hoping someone has fitted the filling loop and its not missing as i didn't see anything this morning, will post a picture in a few hours. This might be related to me bleeding one radiator and the pressure dropping without me noticing ( I'm hoping its this and not something more serious) boiler has been trouble free for nearly 2yrs since installation.

It is most likely due to you bleeding radiators. Very very unlikely no filling loop as it would of been filled up when boiler fitted.

Didn`t I read in another post that sometimes the filling hose is hidden away in a cupboard or under a cupboard not too far away?

thanks guys sorted this now, ok the filling loop was connected just below the boiler, not under it as in some, there was only one screw at the braided hose on the left pipe, turned it anticlockwise 90 degrees, water came in, pressure went up to approx half way, did the screw up.

Now have had the radiators on for around 2 hours sitting in my vest and sunglasses, the pressure though has increased to just under the maximum line i assume thats normal?

anyway soon ill be taking all ur jobs with my new skills so get ready lol thanks for all the help btw and speed of responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotech 24 F22 error message , low pressure? no pressure gauge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock