Search the forum,

Discuss underground waste drain system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff22

Hi. Is it considered acceptable to make new branch from an existing branch (110dia.) of the system please.

Sorry jeff22 we don't understand what you mean, do you mean can you add another 110mm branch to an existing 110mm pipe, if so we would need more info?
Is this on a horizontal or vertical pipe
Is it above or below ground & are there other pipe connections close by?

BTW welcome to the forum :hurray:

Ideally every branch on an underground section if inaccessible should be via an inspection chamber ie manhole for rodding.

The answer is yes, provided adequate falls can be maintained and all parts are accessible for rodding. If the existing is foul sewer, traps are necessary, except for vent pipe. Trapped gullies with removable internal sleeve for rodding are available and flexible sleeve connectors make joining to existing straight forward.

Thank you guys. Photo of what's been done.

new junction.jpg

Thanks for photo. Stub stack with AAV would increase options. Some BC officers will accept WC connection direct with wash basin connected to push fit at rear of pan.

Please find link to Building Reg's Part H 2 http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdf

Are Building Control involved in the Job? If so you need to check with them.

What is the building looks commercial, what will the new drain run serve?

It is not good practice but because of the depth of cover the options are limit, the essential thing is that the new run has a full face access pipe above ground which MUST be accessible to allow rodding if the line becomes blocked.

Proper job IMHO would be done in Timesaver Drain TD to match the existing, with none of them bits of rubber held on with jubilee clips !! LOL

The existing branch is connected to a sink, new pipe is also for a sink not for toilet connection. Thanks.

Grease trap required ? it's a legal requirement !! because of the depth it would most likely have to be surface mounted.

Drain run should terminate in a 110mm stub stack with access cap on the end & either 2x 45deg bends or a med radius bend at the base to allow clearing of this line.

Strongly recommend that you check & confirm that the other line it branches into is also accessible.
Find out about grease traps & tell the client if one is required, if it is not installed & the grease blocks the drains/sewers they will be prosecuted (in London anyway). I have seen grease blocked drains running down Bath Rd for nearly 1/2 mile from one restaurant, it is not funny.

The information we now have has expanded greatly from the two lines of the OP. As the junction has already been made, what prompted the original question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to underground waste drain system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level. However now I am reroofing and...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock