Discuss trap in wc! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

anyone came across this ?

installed a pan, floor is level as can be, and this is the trap seal i have, looks well ugly! custard on my case, is it a faulty pan ???

photo-11.jpg

Something not right there mate, what happens if filled with bucket

I'd the stack ventilated in anyway. Looks like induced syphonahe to me

Its possible the trap is pulled out after flush, is it connected to a vent or AAV

id say so, its 3 level external tenement flats, hes on the 2nd level, vented external above roof level..

Lol. In high winds you can get wavering out of traps. I'm still yet to see this thou

What happens when you flush?

I would see if it will fill to correct level rather than flushing just add water by bucket slowlly, if it returns to that level like that its a faulty pan id say

Should be a 50mm seal on a pan so if you add a bit water and it remains at that level it is the pan at fault. Bit of a pain if you supplied it. Half shift lost running for another and changing it. If you got it from a merchant if you kick up a fuss (depends how well you know them) they may reimburse your costs.

is the top of the pan level? base could be out slightly even if floor perfectly flat and level

Glasgow Tenement? I had a problem with loss of seal and found a birds nest wedged in the pipe at roof level. Otherwise could be the pan or wind blowing down the pipe. Try the buckets of water down it first. Try fitting a vent cap mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trap in wc! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and...
Replies
Views
Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every...
Replies
Views
just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock