Search the forum,

Discuss Waste to trap loose fitting in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly..

the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts up against the plastic shoulder ensuring the rubber seal is pressed against the end Face of the waste.
DSC_4621.JPG

im able to screw the nut up but even when its fully tight the the trap still slides up and down at least 10mm through the nut, Hence it leaks badly.

i noticed it is a bit tricky to get the nut on straight but once on it seems to tightenen up ok.

anyone experienced something like this and know what the problem could be?

do I need some sort of adapter for the waste?

Cut the threads on the nut down to half ?

not sure... theres only three and a half threads at best on the waste as is.....if i cut it down ill hardly have anything left to screw onto

No cut the plastic nut down by half / take 11mm off

Those Vado wastes are great and it looks like your old trap is chunky.

For £6.37 you can get a mcalpine one from screwfix and as long as its the same shape as the old one (I expect it will be but take it with you) its a 5minute permanent non bodge fix

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalp...OhlyiISR3lFWMMc0UfhoCUdUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Reply to Waste to trap loose fitting in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock