Discuss Traditional basin mixer tap, tap handles broken - help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavieB

Hi I have a traditional basin mixer tap both handles are now loose and spin freely without turning the water on or off.

How do I fix this issue? Can I replace the handles or do I need to replace the entire tap? Also, is this an easy DIY job or should I get a plumber?

Thanks a lot,

Davie

Hi,

You can buy refresh kits, here's an example: Reviver Kits & Tap Spares, Tap Revivers | Taps | NoLinkingToThis

This will probably fix your problem even if you need to grind the seats.

Thanks a lot, I will look into this. Will it come with instructions on how to revive the tap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Traditional basin mixer tap, tap handles broken - help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock