Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

falcon220570

Hi out there,
Im not sure if this is where i post so it may be moved :)...My toilet is up @#$% creek without the proverbial paddle so to speak lol...its like 30 yrs old and im going to re-tile the floor etc..on removal of the tiles i have found that the toilet is cemented in,any advice on how to remove this would be greatly appreciated ..cheers Adam aka falcon

hi Adam.

hammer and chisel is normally the best way, but its sometimes just as easy to use your boot and give it a good kick..... just ensure you dont have a pan cemented into the soil as you could damage the soil pipework. After this is done, repair the floor, tile and refit the new pan with screws. If the new pan needs lifting to suit the soil then i would consider recementing it in to lift it up to the right height, so when you tile leave a bit out of the floor the enable it to be cemented back to the solid floor.

Thanks bear,some great tips there...bit confussed about what you mean by "PAN"...toilet runs thru wall above ground then outside -then hard up against the house wall goes into the ground

pan = toilet pan.

it may also be a good idea to soak up/remove the water in the pan before you remove it so if the pan fractures then you wont get aload of water on your floor. I find using a wet and dry vac a good way to do this.

thanx guys..going to poner over you ideas for a few day but i will be back :)..loving this site already

if you're going to screw the new pan down make sure there are no pipes or cables under the floor where you are going to screw into it. it makes for an interesting day when you hit a central heating pipe when screwing a pan down. !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi one of the screws holding my toilet pan to the floor has broken when trying to remove it , there is only about half an inch showing , i have tried using pliers and pulling it while trying to turn it anticlockwise but no joy , the floor is tiled , appreciate any help/advice . thanks .
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I'm living in a student accommodation and broke the lid. I told maintenance and they said if it it still flushes, they won't be bothered to fix it. So I've been struggling to understand on how to remove it, so I can replace it myself, and watched a few tutorials on YouTube but nothing in those...
Replies
Views
I removed the tile floor in my bathroom to fit vinyl and I noticed that the loo now leaks slightly when I flush it. I haven’t put the vinyl down yet, so I can build up the floor under the loo if needed to put it back to the level it was, but maybe I can re-seat the big plastic flange slightly or...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock