Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Toilet removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

falcon220570

Hi out there,
Im not sure if this is where i post so it may be moved :)...My toilet is up @#$% creek without the proverbial paddle so to speak lol...its like 30 yrs old and im going to re-tile the floor etc..on removal of the tiles i have found that the toilet is cemented in,any advice on how to remove this would be greatly appreciated ..cheers Adam aka falcon

hi Adam.

hammer and chisel is normally the best way, but its sometimes just as easy to use your boot and give it a good kick..... just ensure you dont have a pan cemented into the soil as you could damage the soil pipework. After this is done, repair the floor, tile and refit the new pan with screws. If the new pan needs lifting to suit the soil then i would consider recementing it in to lift it up to the right height, so when you tile leave a bit out of the floor the enable it to be cemented back to the solid floor.

Thanks bear,some great tips there...bit confussed about what you mean by "PAN"...toilet runs thru wall above ground then outside -then hard up against the house wall goes into the ground

no pipes under the cement inside..only go under cement outside the wall

pan = toilet pan.

it may also be a good idea to soak up/remove the water in the pan before you remove it so if the pan fractures then you wont get aload of water on your floor. I find using a wet and dry vac a good way to do this.

thanx guys..going to poner over you ideas for a few day but i will be back :)..loving this site already

if you're going to screw the new pan down make sure there are no pipes or cables under the floor where you are going to screw into it. it makes for an interesting day when you hit a central heating pipe when screwing a pan down. !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock