Discuss Tips on doing a thick layer of silicon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I need to put a 3cm layer of silicon around my washbasin but I just cannot get a good smooth layer. It always ends up rutted.

Any top tips please

thanks

Paul

silicon isnt made to fill gaps that size but industril wipes are a help as is fairy liquid to smooth it of

3cm wide gap? I'd fill it with a piece of wood first, then silicone.

can not think of a reason to put 30mm wide bead of silicon behind a basin?!

Bead in round or pack out correctly as required with a suitable material and then seal with a nice bead of silicon as should be done

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
3cm sounds like a batten and tile over with a normal thin silicone bead at the interface. Alternatively you can get white plastic in a 30x22 solid section, put that in a silicone the interface.

Don't do all the silicone in one go, build it up in layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tips on doing a thick layer of silicon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hey DIY enthusiasts, Just wrapped up a drain installation and wanted to share some quick tips for a smooth project: 1. Plan Smart: Think about...
Replies
Views
Nasir Ahamed
N
Evening all, I’m currently in the process of refurbing my house, and have opted to wet UFH for the whole of the downstairs. The upstairs will be...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So yes, Richter level 7 earthquake at least. I need to plan an underfloor heating for a 4x4 expedition/overlanding off-road vehicle, and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock