Discuss Tips on doing a thick layer of silicon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I need to put a 3cm layer of silicon around my washbasin but I just cannot get a good smooth layer. It always ends up rutted.

Any top tips please

thanks

Paul

silicon isnt made to fill gaps that size but industril wipes are a help as is fairy liquid to smooth it of

3cm wide gap? I'd fill it with a piece of wood first, then silicone.

can not think of a reason to put 30mm wide bead of silicon behind a basin?!

Bead in round or pack out correctly as required with a suitable material and then seal with a nice bead of silicon as should be done

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
3cm sounds like a batten and tile over with a normal thin silicone bead at the interface. Alternatively you can get white plastic in a 30x22 solid section, put that in a silicone the interface.

Don't do all the silicone in one go, build it up in layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tips on doing a thick layer of silicon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock