Search the forum,

Discuss The way forward in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

james the plumb

Hey guys

I have bin in the industry for 12 years and am look for a new challenge!

Not sure whether to go into the commercial market or renewables?

Any ideas guys let me know

Details welcome !!

James

I'm in exactly the same dilemma, I'm going to try get into both and see how it goes! Will start to crack on with mcs next year whilst waiting for the right job from one of my commercial customers before I invest in my commercial acs.

My reasoning is that I think with the renewables you can start investing in bit by bit, whilst the commercial needs the large initial training and assessment outlay (around £1500).

A lot more are going for renewables so it's making me feel more inclined to go the other way, without forgetting renewables altogether so I'm still booking in solar and heat pump courses.

Hey mike

You make a very good point
I'm not gona rule out the renewable but do them step by step.

I'm gona do my commercial first because winter is on the way and may be
Better.

I got a price off hybrid tec, liverpool for my training and assessment, 5-7 days in total and just £750 inc. vat! includes changeover and the main heating appliances, I may even do my catering aswell as it isn't a lot more. They have their last course of the year on 3rd october. Good idea doing it before the winter rather than renewables, personally I need to save for my tax bill first! so it will be early next year for me :)

I discussed it with my dad who I work with and didn't realise he has experience of commercial heating and catering from his 27 years with british gas so he can help me along, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The way forward in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock