Discuss Terrier Zone Valve Issue in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bungeebutt

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this site and a newbie to plumbing so please speak in laymans terms!!!
Basically, all radiators upstairs stopped working a week ago. We have two heating zones in the house. The thermostats seem to be working correctly.
so I googled my problem and came across plenty of forums about zone valves. So I found the zone valves and figured out which one was for upstairs, I then set the lever to manual and the heating came on upstairs, so I know the issue is with the valve.
So, what I am getting confused with is what exactly needs to be replaced, I've read all different things from it being the motor, to the powerhead or the end switch. How do I know what needs to be replaced and can I do it myself? I have phoned a couple of plumbers but I am being quoted around £150 upwards and I just dont have the money as I am unemployed at the moment and have two young kids with xmas around the corner so any help is appreciated.
It is a terrier zone valve and looks identical to the honeywell ones.
thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The problem you have is common and unfortunately not a DIY job the valve needs to be taken out and replaced simple enough you think but to do this the system will have to be emptied and re-commisioned aswell as the fact it needs to be wired up theres more to the job than meets the eye so i would definately advise you get someone in, £150 sounds fair enough. There is a section onhere to ask for a plumber post your location on there and see if someone is close by.

You could ask an electrician as it sounds like an electrical problem.

Look for the one man outfits who have been around for a few years and have a good reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Terrier Zone Valve Issue in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping to check if I have a genuine fault, or something I've overlooked. I've just moved into a my first house with a conventional...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time plumber and poster here. I've installed two new zone valves and replicated the direction inwhich the original valves were...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
N
Hopefully a quick question: I have bought a new house and had a few issues with the CH system (they connected the valves for the two zones to the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock