Discuss Stuck warmflow baffle plates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi was wondering if any of yous guys have any tips on removing stuck baffle plates in a 2004 warmflow 70/90. They are probably all stuck but havent got past the top plate. Its just a flat plate and doesnt look that damaged just very tight front and back it wont budge at all. Never saw 1 as tight, many thanks.

tap tap?
tappity tap tap ?
tap tap tap tap bang?
bang bang bang?
ffs thump bleedin thump thump?
bang thump bang wallop?
wallop wallop wallop wallop?

oi! boilers beggared :)

it may cheer you up to know it took me 2 hours to break some rayburn baffles recently, wot a stupid idea, a long coathanger to hook them out...........................

Last edited by a moderator:
Warmflow made their boilers of that sort of era with too tight baffles. You might find the lower baffles are wrecked with heat.
But plenty of sulphur over a few years does seize them in.
The boiler shell can bend inwards and jam the baffles tight in places.
2lb hammer and cold chisel and maybe a bolster and plenty of patience, sore hands and nice words will get you there eventually

Last edited:
Could you not drain the pressure off the boiler? I've done this in the past on a boiler and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuck warmflow baffle plates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 12 days ago attended a boiler lock out. Apparently another plumber was there a week before to and adjusted the photo cell. .. It is a grant...
Replies
Views
evening all. Called out to this boiler late last night. No HW. Pressure was down so checked expansion vessel etc and topped up. Hot water demand...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am hoping that I can pick your brains again. I have just installed an Ancona 1800mm high and 10 double columns wide radiator. This...
Replies
Views
Hi, As some of you are aware, I am currently stuck in Italy running a shop that has nothing to do with plumbing :( Yesterday I thought I'd got...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock