Discuss Strange setup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my in-laws boiler was replaced they have been having a number of issues, such as poor radiator temp and rads on with hw, to name a couple. The company has been out multiple 6+ times and tbh sounds like they are clutching at straws, especially as it worked before the replacement and now they are blaming a poor plumbing under the floor boards. (Never changed).

I had a look and to me it looks like somehow they flow and return were swapped during the replacement and filter install, and due to this the pump was then rotated to pull on the return. Doesn't look right to my amateur, uneducated mind.

So return/s come back via the 2 diverter valves, through the pump, through the currently non leaking filter and into the return on the boiler. (Nb. Not keen having electrics directly below the filter)

Long story short before I insist they get a third party involved, thoughts, comments?

0c2412e1229879ba8bda791a11cdd891.jpg

There's a check valve still there! Should be removed
Was the house built in the 70's ?

As Chalked says, if that check/anti gravity valve was on the flow but now the return, (and the valve still worked) the c/h wouldn't

I can only imagine they were the cheapest.
The house was possibly built in the late 70s, the valve was put on by the plumber, it is on the return before the 2port valve.

Take my original statement back, I am being told they added another anti gravity valve elsewhere, but that may have now been removed. (The one in the pic is original)

Last edited:
I don't think it is a one pipe system, but I guess to check i need to look under the floor to see or maybe speed of heatup on the return?

1st was this a DIY install ? if not get guy back that fitted it ! bit of a mess needs tidying up

Def not DIY although I agree it does sort of look like it. I don't think they will pull the same company back in as they have had 2 or 3 people from it and they all got nowhere and are happy with what you see in the picture. So next step if for me to find someone trusted in Soton to give it a once over.

Post up in the looking for a plumber section, you'll get someone decent for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange setup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
Been in property about 10 years and the valve on the (round/bunded) Balmoral tank has always been in pretty rusty state. Tank is 5,000 litres but...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock