Search the forum,

Discuss solvent weld adhesive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

what kind of solvent weld adhesive do you guys use?

i've been using polypipe stuff but the on each pot i use the brush bristles go all bendy and its nigh on impossible to use more than 2/3 of the tub cos it won't get anywhere near the bottom.

anybody use another brand with better results?

cheers

KJ

The stuff in the metal tubs is good but it's quite expensive, the brush thing is like a foam ball on the
end of a stick & works v.well.
It's also meant to work in wet & dry conditions & it's works on durapipe as well.

why not just tilt your tub up!!!

Heehee LOL LOL!!!

Because it doesn't make any difference!! The brush can only reach the centre of the bottom of the pot and won't touch the sides either!!!

It's another of these stupid designs, created by some spotty teenager that's managed to hoodwink a manufacturer into thinking it's a great idea.

Heehee LOL LOL!!!

Because it doesn't make any difference!! The brush can only reach the centre of the bottom of the pot and won't touch the sides either!!!

It's another of these stupid designs, created by some spotty teenager that's managed to hoodwink a manufacturer into thinking it's a great idea.

Is it a stupid design,or is it intentional? It means you have to buy a new pot sooner,and as far as I know they're all the same.Maybe I'm just being cynical:)

Is it a stupid design,or is it intentional? It means you have to buy a new pot sooner,and as far as I know they're all the same.Maybe I'm just being cynical:)

+1 to this. I'm pretty sure it's intentional. I just use a flux brush to reach the bottom of the pot and then screw the lid on, but then I'm tighter than a ducks behind (I am Scottish after all). Really hot water (i.e. near boiling) cleans the flux brush afterwards :)

i'm not scottish but i'm still tight as well, i save the old pot and pour it into the new pot when i have used some out of it. it takes a while to pour but then again i'm patient.

what kind of solvent weld adhesive do you guys use?

i've been using polypipe stuff but the on each pot i use the brush bristles go all bendy and its nigh on impossible to use more than 2/3 of the tub cos it won't get anywhere near the bottom.

anybody use another brand with better results?

cheers

KJ

when it gets to the bottom i always cut the top off and pour it into another bottle then use the last of the stuff on the job im on, never waste anything, even if im not paying for it, have had guys saying stuff that just chuck it out and get another cause im not buying it i dont care, i hate that attitude

tilting and shaking won't help you get the final 1/3rd out of the pot. hence the question.

so if you tipped it up so the glue came to the opening or the throat of the bottle, that wouldnt get the rest of the glue!!!!??LOL

I use center brand, does the job, once near the bottom hacksaw off top and pour into new one. Just a tight sod, hate throwing anything away, Should have a look at my sheds!!! :)

Plumb center own brand stuff, can't see a problem with it does the job. And what Simon said buy a new one cut the top off the old one and pour in :D

some real technical convo going on here guys haha. Im a tipper and scrapper kinda guy. Though i do have about 10 half empty pots laying around :/

Used to use terrain but too expensive now used one called black swan had the sponge pad instead of brush good stuff though in stock at the moment polyplumb:)regards turnpin

I always pour last bit into next tub, never brought a tub in my life so dont know which one i would buy?

i do like the smell of it toooooo........:)

I have used this for years. Much better with a foam brush and cheaper too.
236ml BLACK SWAN SOLVENT WELD PVC CEMENT | eBay UK
or wet r dry but that is more expensive.

With the normal tins (metal ones), flatten the dome down a bit with a hammer by hitting the lid and the brush will reach the bottom and you will still get the cork on.
Either that or use your finger. It will give you something to do at night picking the glue off:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solvent weld adhesive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock