Search the forum,

Discuss Soldered pipe advise!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Samantha1

Hi I wonder if someone could please advise me if a soldered join on a radiator pipe is possible to leak after 2 weeks? Thanks :001_icon16:

Yes if installer didn't do it properly and it's a gravity system. Un likely on a pressurised.

How would I know if it's pressurised, sorry my plumbing knowledge is not great! X

It flooded out floor x we have a video of water damage but not the leak... X

I would expect any soldered joints to be water tight for a long while. 2 weeks indicates an incorrectly soldered fitting, unless there has been some sort of mechanical damage.

A properly soldered joint onto a copper pipe will not leak ever - unless it has been very abused - like hit with a hammer. One of the few times I have ever seen properly soldered joints broken was severe freezing in the winter 2010.
What sort of pipe is the soldered joint onto? Is it copper or chromed pipe?

A properly soldered joint onto a copper pipe will not leak ever - unless it has been very abused - like hit with a hammer. One of the few times I have ever seen properly soldered joints broken was severe freezing in the winter 2010.
What sort of pipe is the soldered joint onto? Is it copper or chromed pipe?
It's a copper one x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soldered pipe advise!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I hope you are doing well. I have this 3.25mm lead-free grade 99c solder wire. I know that the good practice to bend the wire before soldering so you know exactly how much it is absorbed by the flux. I know too little isn't good and too much is as bad. I need to connect two 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, keen DIYer here. Installing an outside tap and have tried soldering the joints leading from the 15mm copper pipe to the mains pipe. My question is a bit random but as I was soldering, the copper pipe going through the wall obviously got very hot, and got me thinking, could the heat...
Replies
Views
Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can recommend? Maybe with some appropriate tape. The waste pipe is in the wall but was trimmed at some point (unnecessarily) to only 10mm extruding from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock