Search the forum,

Discuss Showers with 125mm pipe centres in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I need to swap an exposed shower mixer, it has 125mm pipe centres which is a new one on me, only seen 150 centres before. Can anyone recommend any? Its for a landlord so they aren't going to want to spend loads.

Yep but have a real flexibility

That's perfect then. Thanks for the help guys.

I'm Installing one tomorrow, hopefully goes okay... it's on gravity so will be interesting to see performance as it states suitable for 0.1 bar

I'm Installing one tomorrow, hopefully goes okay... it's on gravity so will be interesting to see performance as it states suitable for 0.1 bar

If you are installing this on 0.1 Bar then consider removing the non return valves when you fit it. On low pressures they have a tendency to stick and you may end up being called back due to no flow. If in doubt try blowing through the inlet elbow and you will soon see what I mean!

If you are installing this on 0.1 Bar then consider removing the non return valves when you fit it. On low pressures they have a tendency to stick and you may end up being called back due to no flow. If in doubt try blowing through the inlet elbow and you will soon see what I mean!

I have been considering this to increase the flow rate... are non return valves required on a tank fed hot & cold system... it can't back feed surely!?

I emailed bristan this very question & they recommended keeping them in etc as I was expecting!

I can't blow through th check valves relatively easily, but still a restriction no doubt

as long as equal pressures your fine with non

I have been considering this to increase the flow rate... are non return valves required on a tank fed hot & cold system... it can't back feed surely!?

I emailed bristan this very question & they recommended keeping them in etc as I was expecting!

I can't blow through th check valves relatively easily, but still a restriction no doubt

They dont actually restrict the flow too much but every little helps. The real problem is when the shower hasn't been used for a while and the spring in the NRV keeps putting pressure on the seal and it becomes stuck, it's a real nussiance.
Only real issue with removing NRV's is when your customer then has a combi fitted and then doesn't refit them....

They dont actually restrict the flow too much but every little helps. The real problem is when the shower hasn't been used for a while and the spring in the NRV keeps putting pressure on the seal and it becomes stuck, it's a real nussiance.
Only real issue with removing NRV's is when your customer then has a combi fitted and then doesn't refit them....

Or bristan dodge a warranty claim, iv had thermostats fail a lot on similar models... not even lasting a year

Isn't a combi equal pressures too tho, I guess the cold mains has more flow still and could overpower maybe?

Or bristan dodge a warranty claim,

Have you ever found that to actually be the case, with Bristan or any other manufacturer?
I always adopt the approach that if the installation or product modification has actually caused the problem then it may be chargeable, however, if the reported fault is unrelated to any other problem that I find then I would never charge in that case, but I would advise the customer.
For instance dripping from shower head with no filters fitted then to me that should be chargeable. Control handle broken and no filters fitted then that wouldn't be chargeable but I would fit the filters or advise they needed fitting.
It just comes down to common sense. Most manufacturers don't want to lose the goodwill of installers so unless it is a blatant installation problem that has caused the shower to fail then usually it would be FOC.

Isn't a combi equal pressures too tho, I guess the cold mains has more flow still and could overpower maybe?

Main issue here is cold water passing through the mixer to the hot side causing reduced temperature at other outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Showers with 125mm pipe centres in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock