Discuss Shower pump flow switch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DEMPSEY1965

Hi

Can anyone tell me what activates the flow switch on the side of a shower pump. I know it's the flow of the water but what actually does the water move to trigger the flow switch?

Regards

DEMPSEY1965

A flap that triggers a switch

An impeller can cause a magnetic sensor to see the flow

And many others

Ok, but what moves inside the pipe that activates the switch. What I am trying to say is I have a pump that takes a about 15 seconds start when the hot is selected. The flow switch is ok but maybe something inside is sticking that moves the flow switch.

Ok, but what moves inside the pipe that activates the switch. What I am trying to say is I have a pump that takes a about 15 seconds start when the hot is selected. The flow switch is ok but maybe something inside is sticking that moves the flow switch.

Water moves the switch. As it flows through the pipe

Forgive my ignorance here, but water isn't magnetic.

The water spins an impeller that activates a magnetic sensor

Btw. Stop wasting time

What pump do you have. We can then advise in relation to your pump

Stuart Turner 1.4 twin showermate. Sorry for wasting your time but I like to know how things work or don't work in my case. When cold is selected the pump starts no proble, if I manage to get to the pump before it starts I only have to touch the flow switch with a screwdriver and it starts oh

the flow switch is probably the type that takes a little minute to rise on turn on and likewise a little time to fall again allowing the stored hot water discharge out the shower head rather than have it trapped in the pipework causing banging or leaks much the same as a boiler

That makes sense but it hasn't always done it,started about 3 weeks ago,always started straight away.

as it's on the hot there could be a small amount of limescale slowing down the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump flow switch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back