Discuss service magic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

they keep emailing me about jobs anyone used them or is it a bit of a scam to get you to pay then your never get any leads ?

I used Service Magic for over 2 years. Back then you could buy 20 leads and pick and choose which jobs you bought. It worked really well for me personally. Then they changed it to £20 per lead regardless of what it was or how soon the people wanted the work doing. That in MY opinion is a RIPOFF. And a real shame because there was nothing wrong with the old system Just greed on their part i think.

I,ve used them a few times , got good jobs of it , but every time they sent me a job it cost me £20 , I said 1 a week , they was sending 1 a day , had trouble getting money back . Not used them in 6 months , they chase me every month , I even got a xmas card today of them ..

yeah i had a phone call about a month ago and still i am getting emails, im not sure at the moment too alos told about paying for leads think its a bit dumb to be honest.

I get emails off them as well have been for months was doing my head in as was cluttering up my email with junk so replied back to my advisor with a link with a virus direct to his email. They stopped for a while but now emails are back lol .

I keep getting emails, last one I got said that it was my last chance and not to be missed, opportunities for engineers in my area, list of post codes attached which must have covered of somerset, dorset and devon!! they would guarantee me lots of leads, even poss maintenance contracts!! great till you read on I think if i recall all they wanted was the very reasonable fee of £1600 a year!! Where do I sign!!:mad2:

i have 4 on my inbox now!.
i never buy any and i only done it to see what potential work is out there. they send me the details of the jobs and the postcode less the last 2 bits. they are still asking £20 per lead.
the word of warning here is, i also have 4 other similar types of 'sales lead suppliers' that send me leads and a lot of them are copies from the other sites so thats 5 leads sold from one, 3 leads sold from another etc. now your real quote is proberbly against 10-15 others?.

I would not pay for getting work its suppose to be the other way around

we used to buy from them but got ripped off too offten and they never want to refund for incorrect duplicated or bogus quotes stay away use at your peril

If you want to fix my boiler Steve (i can't be rsed) i'll only take £25 for your room and board. I'll even supply the tools and parts :lol:

I've just started using service magic after using rated people successfully for 2 years. I've found them ok and got my money back on several occasions where the leads are bogus or the customer has decided not to go ahead when i've quoted.
Time will tell though.

The problem with all these types of sites is that if a customer goes online to find a plumber then they are at the top of the search listings on google in your area , not to mention ads popping up all over youtube etc.
Its hard to compete when a company like service magic advertises on search a large scale .

i used rated people for a while but found i was paying out £200 and winning one job that really wasnt worth it cos everyone on there wants it done for nothing they even advertise as get a cheap boiler quote found i was competing with 5 or 6 people instead of the 3 they say same with boiler guide had one woman whos house id been to 3 times thought i had the job she ended up going with some bloke who was going to fit worcester 30si cos it was £50 cheaper which was a lower flow rate when her main thing was her shower so just come off it and stopped useing them and put my money into better advertising and upto now ive been busy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to service magic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi there I’m 10 weeks pregnant and found out we have some steel galvanised pipes with corrosion which was causing our tap water to run...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock