Search the forum,

Discuss New plumber, looking for work ((Suffolk)) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me out with the essential 'on the tools' experience.

I work full time at the moment and am used to an above min wage salary, I understand I will have to take a significant pay cut if I'm going to be more appealing to an employer as a newbie/apprentice, however I know there are places out there that pay fairly well for apprentice levels.

I was wondering if anyone knows of places looking to take on people in my situation, or if you have any advice to make myself look a bit more appealing to an employer?

I've applied to British Gas (after seeing they pledge to employ more women in the trades) my local trades recruiters and council/housing associations, some local plumbing companies and let almost everyone I know to tell their plumbers about me! I have years of customer service, cleaning and admin under my belt, and I make a good cuppa! Just keen to learn and get stuck in :)

Also, I am interested in knowing how you got started? Did you have any struggles getting set up? What do you enjoy about the job the most?

Thanks,

Loz ([email protected])

Reply to New plumber, looking for work ((Suffolk)) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock