Search the forum,

Discuss New plumber, looking for work ((Suffolk)) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me out with the essential 'on the tools' experience.

I work full time at the moment and am used to an above min wage salary, I understand I will have to take a significant pay cut if I'm going to be more appealing to an employer as a newbie/apprentice, however I know there are places out there that pay fairly well for apprentice levels.

I was wondering if anyone knows of places looking to take on people in my situation, or if you have any advice to make myself look a bit more appealing to an employer?

I've applied to British Gas (after seeing they pledge to employ more women in the trades) my local trades recruiters and council/housing associations, some local plumbing companies and let almost everyone I know to tell their plumbers about me! I have years of customer service, cleaning and admin under my belt, and I make a good cuppa! Just keen to learn and get stuck in :)

Also, I am interested in knowing how you got started? Did you have any struggles getting set up? What do you enjoy about the job the most?

Thanks,

Loz ([email protected])

Reply to New plumber, looking for work ((Suffolk)) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock