Search the forum,

Discuss sealing plug after analyser test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

When you have finished a flue analyser test using one of the inspection plug holes on the flue above the boiler on new HE boilers and replace the plug ,do you or should you check it is sealed correctly ? If so how ?

Only mention as did one the other day and jobs worth customer said about it,I sprayed a bit of leak sealer spray on it,just to show willing,how ever as the boiler gets older and the plastic cap becomes more brittle maybe it is something with should pay more attention to
Also a reason to maybe standardise the caps,so we can carry spares
Maybe bring another assesment out about it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Never really given a lot of thought , but now that you mention it it is a good point.

Definitly bring out another assessment on it something like CPAPLUG1:D

i come accross (commercial open flue and multi flue systems) holes drilled into the flue pipe and just left open, technicall an ID + R offense. easier to go to van and pick up some sealing tape.
throw a roll of it in your van for the future.

as migo says common sight in probably most plant/boiler rooms,
quicker to tape it than do the paperwork

i come accross (commercial open flue and multi flue systems) holes drilled into the flue pipe and just left open, technicall an ID + R offense. easier to go to van and pick up some sealing tape.
throw a roll of it in your van for the future.

i dont do commercial so am happy to be advised what you are doing is right, but this cannot be done in domestic, as you cannot make ad hoc repairs to anything as it is not as per original design and therefore would lead the domestic engineer to be charged if something went wrong, eg coming across a RS boiler with broken sight glass, i have seen repairs being made with 2 small bits of flat plate sealed with heat resistant silicone untill the sight glass gets ordered fitted, this isnt allowed as you cant guarantee the silicone will last till the glass is fitted, the reality is it will be ok for a few days, but the regs say you cant do temp gas work, so the boiler needs to be ID and off until the glass gets delivered, a right pain when the customer tells you it has been missing for years and no prob, they might be right but i am not allowed to take a chance

the aluminuim (spelt like that ??) tape we use, is as good as the flue itself, and is recognised as best practise.
must be something similar for domestic ?

the aluminuim (spelt like that ??) tape we use, is as good as the flue itself, and is recognised as best practise.
must be something similar for domestic ?

there is nothing available to seal a domestic flue as you describe, if the flue is cracked/holed it gets renewed, we cant "bodge it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sealing plug after analyser test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock