Search the forum,

Discuss Salutations and question about X400... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wibble

Greetings one and all!

Due to the downturn the en-suite is finally getting a re-vamp. As part of this a chrome towel radiator has been plumbed into a combi bloiler closed system. Just adding another towel radiator to the bathroom.

The instructions with the radiator have words to the effect of:

AFTER INSTALLATION THE CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM MUST BE THOROUGHLY FLUSHED WITH A DOMESTIC WATER TREATMENT AND THEN A PROTECTOR ADDED.

I've brought some X400 and was going to pour it into the bathroom radiator,
would that be acceptable? Then bring that radiator online and flush after a
couple of weeks (house is 10 years old which we've lived in from new and
the central heating system has never been flushed, only radiators bled).

If not is there a way I can add the X400 easily? (Competent DIY'er).

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

If you've soldered any joints then you'll need to do a full flush to remove flux residue. If not then the system will be in more or less the same state as before you added the towel rail so just add plenty of a good inhibitor.

As for physically how to add inhibitor to a sealed system ... basically any way you want! Yes, pour it into a ladder-stule towel radiator then fill the system up if that's the easiest for you. Most inhibitors state that it's safe to overdose so put too much rather than too little in.

Hope this helps....

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

No soldering since its speedfit throughout. I did notice that when taking out the old radiators there was a smell to the water (due to inhibitor?).

So does this mean I don't need to X400 the system at all? Just add the inhibitor (was going to use X100).

Also is it worth getting a magnaclean fitted? If so could a DIY'er do it?

Thanks in advance.

If you've soldered any joints then you'll need to do a full flush to remove flux residue. If not then the system will be in more or less the same state as before you added the towel rail so just add plenty of a good inhibitor.

As for physically how to add inhibitor to a sealed system ... basically any way you want! Yes, pour it into a ladder-stule towel radiator then fill the system up if that's the easiest for you. Most inhibitors state that it's safe to overdose so put too much rather than too little in.

Hope this helps....

hi wibble welcome to the forums. i would be inclined to put the x400 in to be on the safe side and then drain and refill including x100 in a couple of weeks.

steveb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salutations and question about X400... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock