Search the forum,

Discuss Salus IT500 killing pump power after hot water cycle is complete in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave654321

Hi,

I have a Salus IT500 controlling my vaillant ecotec 418 open vented boiler.
The hot water is heated for 2 hours and when the time is up the Salus stops the water heating cycle and leaves the boiler to cool down. The boiler shows the pump symbol for the external pump running, but the salus has killed the pump power.
Is that expected behaviour or a wiring fault?

Best regards,
Dave

Get your sparky to check it but surely once your cycle is finished then the power should be cut unless it requires a 2 minute pump overrun cycle which system boilers have but if your conventional is showing a pump it may require it . Spark will tell you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salus IT500 killing pump power after hot water cycle is complete in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external wall) which for the most part seems to provide excellent hot water. The central heating also works fine - though sometimes I think the radiuators...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock