Search the forum,

Discuss Room thermostat advise please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a combi boiler central heating system (Worcester Bosch). The room stat is in the hall way, not ideal you may think, but we have a log burner in the lounge and the hall is centrally located so is a reasonable place for it given the house layout. At the moment I have Honywell digital thermostat. It is mounted quite high and my wife who is short has a job to read it as the veiwing angle isn't great and she cannot tell when it's on or off. I would mount it lower but it's where the wires were situated when we moved in so without redecoration and chopping out its staying where it is. I am thinking of replacing it with a simple stat like the Drayton rts 1 so my wife can operate it easier. However I am confused as there seem to be several similar but different models rts8 etc. What's the difference. Which do I need.
I should explain that the stat is used more or less as the heating on off switch, usually morning for a while and an hour before bed but other times as and when req. We do not live to set hours. The boiler is in the garage so not readily accessible and has a timer on the front but is set to permanently be on and controlled via the room thermostat.
thanks

It ( which stat) depends on how your current stat is wired. Do you know if it is 240V, 24V, volt free etc?

You could always get it disconnected and have a RF stat installed.

I don't know. It's a WB combi boiler, quite recent. I think it's 2 wires and basically operates as on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room thermostat advise please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock