Search the forum,

Discuss Removed Water Softener, no Hot water? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

New to the forum and hoping that someone can help with this problem.

I've removed a water softener to run new pipework for kitchen remodelling and drained down system after closing cold water feed.

I've not put back the softener and just isolated 2 cold feeds and a hot feed and once done opened up the cold feed, cold water okay on both the cold feeds but no hot water on the feed.

Climbed into loft, header tank remains empty??

Can anyone offer some advise?

Thanks in anticipation.
Tony

Have you got pics of what you turned off/on, softener pipe work?

I assume that the kitchen sink was plumbed in separate to the softener to provide unsoftened water to drink.

The rest of the house (loft tank) was fed from the softener. Is there not a bypass valve on the softener pipework? This would allow water into the softener outlet pipework (rest of house), when the softener is isolated/disconnected.

If no bypass, you need to connect the softener inlet to outlet pipework and open valves.

Have you got pics of what you turned off/on, softener pipe work?

I assume that the kitchen sink was plumbed in separate to the softener to provide unsoftened water to drink.

The rest of the house (loft tank) was fed from the softener. Is there not a bypass valve on the softener pipework? This would allow water into the softener outlet pipework (rest of house), when the softener is isolated/disconnected.

If no bypass, you need to connect the softener inlet to outlet pipework and open valves.
Hi Timmy thanks for reply, pic attached. In short, have 3 feeds running down into kitchen, Cold, Hot and Cold. Removed hot feed to Basin tap, removed Cold from Basin tap and fitted isolation valves to both for working in afterwards. The softener was connected to third Cold feed and fed in and out and from what I see back into the cold feed. So I've basically disconnected the loop but assumed wrongly I guess that Isolating would be fine and that third Cold water feed could be isolated as not needed given I've removed the softener?? I can send more details in morning if that helps. Thanks again, I'm baffled but guess that's because I'm not a plumber.

Attachments

• 20210812_171817.jpg
    20210812_171817.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 20

Reply to Removed Water Softener, no Hot water? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock