Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss removal of popup bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wisemanj

Please can someone help me with this

I need to replace the popup waste on my acrylic bath. At the overfow end there is a chrome cap that rotates to make the popup operate. I was expecting to find a grub screw at the bottom of this cap which I could unscrew to remove the cap but there is no srew I can see. can anyone give me advice on how to remove it.

Thanks
John

hi john welcome to the forums. have a feel round the chrome cap to see if there is a hole. if there is it will be either a allen screw or flathead or cross head screw.

If there's no screw it just pulls off
Thanks for that. I've managed it now. I had been trying to lever it off - that didn't work, but pulling it straight off was not actually too difficult. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to removal of popup bath waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock