Search the forum,

Discuss rectangular faucet aerator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I have a rectangle single fountain mixer tap in my bathroom basin, but the issue is the water goes everywhere and the flow is like a waterfall and when fully opened it gushes everywhere.
The tap looks similar to this one Modern Bathroom Mono Basin Sink Mixer Tap Curved Spout Lever Handle Chrome - 2TAPB044A (manomano.co.uk)

I would like to know if there are any rectangular faucet aerators for rectangle/fountain taps as the tap is under a year old? or should I just get the tap replaced if so any recommendations, many thanks.

Hi everyone,

I am going to buy a single mixer lever tap for my bathroom basin as the fountain tap is messy, how do I know what size tap to get, do the dimensions have to be exact and do I need to measure the pipes?

Also any idea why my kitchen lever tap has always got a steady flow, temperature stays the same, yet the basin fountain tap fluctuates in flow and temperature?

Tap I am going to by:

Any advice would be really appreciated thanks and I have attached pictures of bathroom basin tap if it helps.

Attachments

• WIN_20210207_10_35_23_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210207_10_35_23_Pro.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
  • WIN_20210207_10_36_24_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210207_10_36_24_Pro.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Generally you'd just buy a tap you like, holes in sinks and basins are broadly similar and will isually fit any tap.
I'd recommend buying a reasonable brand tap (I usually go for bristan).
You could go allot further but for one tap I think that'll do you

Crosswater is a reasonable brand imo.
Have you looked under the basin (I sometimes use my small make-up mirror or take a picture with my fone) and seen how the tap is attached and make sure you have everything you need - sometimes a special spanner is needed.
Have you tried turning down the flow rate to the tap?

Hi and thanks for the reply. The tap and its fixings (tail pipes, copper pipes) are all just under 17 months old, when I looked under the sink I could see it has two silver screws into the tap hole which then is attached to the silver tail pipes and then into the copper pipes.

I have tried to turn the tap down to reduce the flow rate but every time I do this the water temperature goes cold then hot and I can't find a consistent temperature with it. However with the kitchen tap which was one under ÂŁ40 manages to keep the desired temperature regardless of how much flow I want.

Do I need to get new tail pipes for the tap as well or can the original ones be used? I am pretty sure the new tap comes with tail pipes but thought to ask anyway thank you.

Reply to rectangular faucet aerator in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know please what kind of fitting this is? I have hot cold wallmounted faucets for a bathroom basin. The original taps (pictured were not gripping and slipping around the pipe)I was told by a plumber that he couldn't find any similar taps with a fitting like this (some sort of...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock