Discuss Quote terms and caveats etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattWeth

Hi All,
Just looking for a little advice regarding what sort of standard terms I should be putting on my quotations. I know everyone runs their business differently but this is all new to me and any pointers would be appreciated :)
cheers
Matt

These are a few of mine, I add and delete dependant upon the job.

Payment is due immediately upon completion, late payments will incur 5% late payment fee immediately and after 28 days.
Any works not specifically detailed above are excluded from this estimate.
No guarantee can be given on the water tightness/soundness of any existing pipework.
The above price is an estimate only and not a final invoice.
Price excludes any plastering or electrical work or removal of waste.

These rates are inclusive of travel expenses and also include trips to and from local plumbing supplies and building merchants. VAT is included in above estimates.

dkia has public liability insurance. I work as safely as I am able to and reserve the right to cease work if I feel conditions are not safe enough to carry out the works properly. I need to be careful especially when using blow torches and ask for the client’s co-operation in this matter.

While I take every precaution to prevent spillage of water, unfortunately plumbing can occasionally be a messy business. Any water spillages will be cleaned and dried up as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately dkia is not able to remove waste from clients’ sites due to the refusal of the local council to accept such waste and the above figures do not include such a cost. The hiring of a mini skip is suggested unless the client has an alternative. dkia can arrange a mini skip if this is more convenient.

When I quote I add at the end that "I reserve the right to cease work, until further consultation, if any unforeseen issues arrive that have not been covered by the above quotation!!"

I always put to remove and clear away on my quoted which gives me free reign to take away old cylinders etc. If there's a lot of rubbish I've got a guy that collects it for me otherwise I store it until there's enough for him to collect it from me. Alternatively you could use Hippo bags.

You need a waste licence to carry scrap copper anyway so you might as well do the job properly and clear all the rubbish as well. If a customer queries me taking the scrap I tell them that the money from the scrap covers the cost of the waste clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quote terms and caveats etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me £3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm having an issue with my outside tap not working, the tiniest of dribbles comes put each time I try it. Ive changed the tap to no avail...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock