Discuss Questions about Moving Toilet Location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

broadwille

I am engaged in a major redesign/remodel of our second-floor master bath. The new layout calls for moving the existing toilet location about 12 feet horizontally from the present site. I plan to install a new Toto Guinevere 1.28GPF toilet.
I have a few questions:
1) What is the recommended/required drop per foot for a horizontal transit to the existing plumbing outlet site? (I have about 16" between floors.)
2) Does the existing venting need to be modified or moved to the new toilet location?
3) Other issues and/or recommendations?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

if its tight you can do about 5mm a meter, if not 10mm a meter, as long as there is a run in it it will drain away, or you can make it a total of 40mm drop and use a string line to determine the height of brackets.

without looking at it i think the existing vent should be fine

Last edited:
Seeing as you've mentioned 16" between floors, I'm wondering if you're thinking of cutting through the joists to hide the soil pipe under the floor? If you do this it's important to seek the advice of a structural engineer first as this might have a major impact on the stability of your house.

If you're not planning to do this and I'm barking up the wrong tree, please forgive my intrusion and I hope you enjoy the new bathroom when it's finished!!

he could be lucky and have the joists running with the soil pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Questions about Moving Toilet Location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock