Search the forum,

Discuss Pump for electric shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have holiday apartments in a 3 story building. The water pressure has never been great on top floor and we have had issues in past with not enough pressure on top floor for showers at peak times. We had a 300lt accumulator fitted and that worked ok over the last 4 years. The problem is that the accumulator seems to keep loosing pressure. I can have the balloon/internal bag replaced but its over £200 plus labour. So I was looking at alternatives.

In one apartment we currently have 1 Mira electric shower with a built in pump which is fed of a loft tank and this is great although a little noisy. I could have an extra 50 or 100 gall tank installed in loft and buy another Mira elec shower with the built in pump for the other top floor shower? I was wondering if it is possible to have an extra tank installed in loft (1 meter above shower) and then have a single impeller pump fitted and then feeds a conventional electric shower or maybe 2 electric showers?
Is this possible? If it is any recommendations for which type of pump to use? Reading here it seems Stuart Turner are best thought off or at a push Salamander.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards
John

Thanks for the advice. Accumulator is good in that it is silent and requires no power :)
It is a bit weird in that there is no water coming out of the pressure valve even when I changed the valve core. So it appears that the 'bag' is intact but somehow it is loosing pressure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump for electric shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock