Search the forum,

Discuss Pump for electric shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have holiday apartments in a 3 story building. The water pressure has never been great on top floor and we have had issues in past with not enough pressure on top floor for showers at peak times. We had a 300lt accumulator fitted and that worked ok over the last 4 years. The problem is that the accumulator seems to keep loosing pressure. I can have the balloon/internal bag replaced but its over £200 plus labour. So I was looking at alternatives.

In one apartment we currently have 1 Mira electric shower with a built in pump which is fed of a loft tank and this is great although a little noisy. I could have an extra 50 or 100 gall tank installed in loft and buy another Mira elec shower with the built in pump for the other top floor shower? I was wondering if it is possible to have an extra tank installed in loft (1 meter above shower) and then have a single impeller pump fitted and then feeds a conventional electric shower or maybe 2 electric showers?
Is this possible? If it is any recommendations for which type of pump to use? Reading here it seems Stuart Turner are best thought off or at a push Salamander.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards
John

Thanks for the advice. Accumulator is good in that it is silent and requires no power :)
It is a bit weird in that there is no water coming out of the pressure valve even when I changed the valve core. So it appears that the 'bag' is intact but somehow it is loosing pressure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump for electric shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock