Discuss PRV's - How likely are they to/soon will they fail/creep up in pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I know it'll vary with quality. Just a ball park idea. Should most sit pretty and do as required for at least a few years?

Thanks

Just had a phone call, water passing out the pr pipe directly over their patio doors
I changed the prv about a year ago and repressurised the exp vess
Serviced it a month ago and repressurised again, they fed up now and want a new boiler asap
Could be valve again I suppose, but probly exp vessel and as it's a 12/14 yr old CDI, I 'll be charitable and let them allow me to fit a new one
I know, I know, I'm all heart

Just had a phone call, water passing out the pr pipe directly over their patio doors
I changed the prv about a year ago and repressurised the exp vess
Serviced it a month ago and repressurised again, they fed up now and want a new boiler asap
Could be valve again I suppose, but probly exp vessel and as it's a 12/14 yr old CDI, I 'll be charitable and let them allow me to fit a new one
I know, I know, I'm all heart

think he means pressure reducing valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV's - How likely are they to/soon will they fail/creep up in pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock