Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss PRV's - How likely are they to/soon will they fail/creep up in pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I know it'll vary with quality. Just a ball park idea. Should most sit pretty and do as required for at least a few years?

Thanks

Just had a phone call, water passing out the pr pipe directly over their patio doors
I changed the prv about a year ago and repressurised the exp vess
Serviced it a month ago and repressurised again, they fed up now and want a new boiler asap
Could be valve again I suppose, but probly exp vessel and as it's a 12/14 yr old CDI, I 'll be charitable and let them allow me to fit a new one
I know, I know, I'm all heart

Just had a phone call, water passing out the pr pipe directly over their patio doors
I changed the prv about a year ago and repressurised the exp vess
Serviced it a month ago and repressurised again, they fed up now and want a new boiler asap
Could be valve again I suppose, but probly exp vessel and as it's a 12/14 yr old CDI, I 'll be charitable and let them allow me to fit a new one
I know, I know, I'm all heart

think he means pressure reducing valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV's - How likely are they to/soon will they fail/creep up in pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock