Discuss Problems with boiler leaking water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
why fit an auto vent and then close it? a manual vent would be sufficent if it only needed doing at service intervals most mi's state leaving auto vents open half a turn or similar the only time ive seen instructions to close an air vent is on a boiler with two fitted where one can be closed after filling

Thanks for all the advice everyone! This at least gives us a few ideas/suggestions to run past the company we've got the maintenance contract with.

if an automatic air vent is left open to expel air on a sealed system this can cause the system pressure to drop too low for the boiler to fire up.

I understand where some of yous are coming from about an automatic valve remaining open to expel air from the pump but if the system is vented correctly, flush and treated you will get very little air in the system so you should close the auto vent and then a sealed system becomes just that sealed;)

if an automatic air vent is left open to expel air on a sealed system this can cause the system pressure to drop too low for the boiler to fire up.

I understand where some of yous are coming from about an automatic valve remaining open to expel air from the pump but if the system is vented correctly, flush and treated you will get very little air in the system so you should close the auto vent and then a sealed system becomes just that sealed;)

So why dont the manufacturers just fit a manual valve?.

why not ring a manufacturer and ask ?
i always leave mine open, but havnt really thought about the above points before.
think i will still leave mine open, because that is what they were designed to do.
same as putting aav's anywhere else in a cct.

i would say they fit and automatic vent to make sure you get all the air out of the system while you are commissioning the appliance i but should be closed after commissioning to pervent pressure loss or leakage hence sealed system

I think the guys are doing their best and you should chill out things don't always go our way I feel for you though probably just feel for them more though.
They know that it's not good for business the way things have went and they will be more stressed out about this than you BELIEVE me.

good point mrlennie as plumber/heating engineers we do try our best at all times but we are human and sometimes things dont always go our way first and the best thing for you to do as a customer is remain patient and i'm sure this engineer will get it sorted

Trust me, we know that plumbers/heating engineers are only human and sometimes things aren't that easily resolved. I think that we are being patient and giving them an opportunity to get it sorted. My husband and I both know that they'll be as keen as we are to get this one resolved once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problems with boiler leaking water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock