Discuss Prima F30 boiler, starts with hair dryer!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

waynedance

Fan coming on for about 10 seconds but bot firing. It was doing this for about an hour. I got a hair dryer and blew hot air over/near the PCB and the boiler started straight up.

I used the hair dryer as once the boiler is warm its works fine, silly idea i know but it worked.

Been playing up for ages, keeps doing the fan on for 10ish seconds cycle.

Another way to get it to start is to pinch the red pipe that comes from the top of the fan housing. If i blow down the red pipe i can here a click from what I think is the Air Pressure Switch?

Someone on here said the PCB, is this for sure as I have no money to waste.

Could I change the PCB myself as you do not have to remove the main combustion cover.

Thank you.

Sounds like the PCB to me but it could also be the fan. Both jobs are DIY if you're handy.

I'm no plumber, but I'd take the fan off, which is only one screw IIRC. See if it turns nice and easy. If it's a bit stiff give it some WD40. This should ease it off.

If the fan is fine I think you may be looking at a PCB. I think about £80 -£110.

There is only one tricky connection, a white cable that looks like it is soldered on, but it slides off the board.

If you're not confident, don't do any of this and get a plumber out.

I have looked at the board and have seen the white wire you mentioned.

I have ordered a replacement board but have been told i should not fit it as there are mandatory tests that should be carried out.

What are these tests?

looks really easy to change the board myself, I would turn the the power off at the mains before touching.

Cheers, hope you can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Prima F30 boiler, starts with hair dryer!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock